Departs: Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 2.30pm
Returns: Wednesdays, Fridays and Mondays at 12.30pm
Departs and returns to Abell Point Marina
Tongarra offers an onboard social and sailing experience that is hard to match, enabling us to show you the best of The Whitsundays. Tongarra is ideal for singles or groups and is geared towards the young, fun loving, adventurous backpacker (with a sense of humour). Our experienced crew are handpicked for their fun and friendly attitude and happily prepare top-quality meals on the BBQ. Tongarra has a reputation with our guests for being the ultimate fun backpacker experience. So grab your swimwear, ipod and camera and enjoy a few drinks while we show you around the Whitsunday Islands.
- GREAT value for money
- Hill Inlet Lookout
- Whitehaven Beach
- Plenty of deck space
- Warm shower
- Freshly prepared meals
- Sleep under the stars
- Stable catamaran (ideal passengers concerned about seasickness)
- Flexible Schedule
- Experienced fun crew
- Snorkel the best locations in the Whitsundays
- Loved within the backpacking community
- BREAKFAST: Fresh breads, selection of honey, peanut butter, vegemite, jams, fresh fruit platter, muesli or cornflakes and tea or coffee
- LUNCH: Cold meats, cheese, tuna salad, garden salad, fresh bread/rolls/wraps
- DINNER: First Night: Herbed BBQ white fish on a bed of mashed potato served with coleslaw
- DINNER: Second Night: Tasty spaghetti bolognaise with garlic bread
- SNACKS: Fresh fruit, biscuits, cake selection, chips & dips.
TONGARRA : Departs/ends: Airlie Beach. Open tickets MUST give 21 days’ notice to book.
All bookings MUST reconfirm 72hrs in prior to departure during office hours (7am-7pm). Ph: 1300 653 100 or 07 4940 2000. Please book at least 3 weeks in advance to avoid disappointment. Travel Insurance is highly recommended particularly during wet season (Jan-Apr). Cancellations within 14 days of departure will forfeit cost of trip.
Check in at Whitsunday Sailing Adventures 402 Shute Harbour Road, Airlie Beach (Opposite Fish D’Vine) from 7am-7pm on the day prior to travel or before 11am on day of departure. BYO Alcohol and drinks (no glass or red wine) LUGGAGE can be stored for just AU$5 per person. ONLY ZIPLESS BAGS will be accepted on-board. It is advised to bring a rain jacket during summer months (Jan – April) and warmer clothes during winter months (June-September). Departure day may change over the Christmas & New Year each year.
Dietary Requirements: Please note: Special dietary requirements other than vegetarian are subject to a surcharge of $12 per person and payable on check in. We are unable to cater for a Vegan or Halal diet.
* Food allergies and dietary needs to be requested at time of booking. We are unable to cater for Vegans or halal but they are welcome to follow a vegatarian menu and bring their own snacks. A $12 surcharge is payable upon check-in for all dietary requirements excluding vegetarian.
** Bottled water and soft drink can be purchased on board for $2.50