Departs: Season 1: Daily @ 1pm (01.04.18 – 06.10.18)
Season 2: Daily @ 2pm (07.10.18 – 31.03.19)
Departs 570 Flinders Street
Returns: approx. 10.00pm – midnight (Seasonal)
Day 1: Phillip Island Penguin Parade Wildlife Conservation Park Tour
- Encounter Australian wildlife at Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park. Handfeed wallabies (fee applies) and watch for joeys.
- Seal Rocks & the Nobbies boardwalk and the best views of Phillip Island’s rugged south coast. Upgrade to the NEW Antarctic Journey!
- Watch the world famous Penguin Parade as hundreds of little penguins come out of the sea at dusk & head back to their burrows for the night.
- All park entrance fees
- Friendly and informative tour guide
Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park, an Eco-certified sanctuary, is first. Discover native animals in their natural habitat including kangaroos, wallabies, koalas, brilliantly coloured birds and rare and endangered species. Handfeed wallabies– keep an eye out for tiny joeys wriggling out of their mothers’ pouches – and have a close encounter with a koala (fee applies).
At the Nobbies and Seal Rocks, the Clifftop boardwalk opens up breathtaking views of Phillip Island’s wild south coast, and there are further lookout points among natural sea bird gardens which have spectacular flowering displays in spring. 1.5 km offshore you’ll see Seal Rocks, home to Australia’s largest fur seal colony. Take a beach walk (time permitting, usually in summer).
Then witness Victoria’s largest colony of little penguins in the nightly Penguin Parade. As dusk falls, hundreds of little penguins splash out of the water on to the beach, making their way to their burrows. They feed at sea, and return to their burrows to mate, care for their young and to moult.
FREE BUNYIP LANGUAGE APP: BUNYIP language APP which is easily downloadable via the APP store for i-Phone and Android search « BUNYIP TOURS » in the APP store. This is available in Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean and Spanish and is available on our Great Ocean Road, Philip Island, Mornington Peninsula, Wilson’s Promontory, Sovereign Hill, Puffing Billy & Healesville Sanctuary tours. The commentary highlights the major sightseeing destinations visited whilst the tour is conducted in English, we recommend to download the APP prior to your tour departure.
Optional Koala Encounter (at clients’ own expense):
$20 per adult
$15 per child (4-17)
OPTIONAL UPGRADES (must be prebooked)
– Penguin Plus (PP) – Exclusive viewing area and private boardwalk ($30)
– Penguin Plus Underground (PU) – Enjoy up-close viewing of the Little penguins in their natural habitat through an underground viewing window ($45)
– VIP Tour (VP) – Elevated indoor viewing box with drinks and canapés and access to Penguins Plus ($60)
– Guided Ranger Tour (GR) – Front row viewing on the sand and access to Penguins Plus with a small group and private ranger guide ($60)